I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Friday, July 5, 2013

Progress

I've been very busy these last couple of days, and I am pleased to announce that I have finished some Very Important Things!


Tada! That pile includes two new chemises and three new hose. I now have four chemises and eight hose. That's enough underwear for four outfits, so I should be ok at Pennsic with just one trip to the laundry :) I also decided that today was the day to finally finish the project that's probably taken more work that any other project I've ever done.


It's my awesome bag of awesome! I started the embroidery just after Christmas last year, so it's taken just over six months to get to this point. Not that I've been working on it especially hard, just plodding away for six months. Yay! I ended up using my last little bit of gold linen for the back panel, and I lined it in white linen. I might still do some decorative stitching around the top and also the back where you can see the machine stitching where I sewed the strap on. But that might all depend on whether I have time :)

Tonight I'm hoping to cut out my oopsie wool and start sewing together a new surcote. I think I'll machine stitch and hand finish it to speed things up a bit. This weekend is collegia weekend, and I'm intending to spend most of my time in the other room working on my own projects. Not sure if I'll work on the surcote or start warping up my loom for my plain belt. I can't use a continuous warp because I only have two giant skeins, and it's fine yarn so it'll probably take somewhere between 40-50 cards, which is an awful lot of tedious to thread individually. I remember my other belt taking the best part of three days to warp, just because it was so tedious and I kept taking long breaks. I don't exactly have a spare three days, so maybe spending a couple of days with company with productive breaks involving A&S classes is the way to go. I might even be able to recruit some help :P On Sunday night I'll be moving to the girls' house to look after their cat while they're in New Zealand, and I'll be there right up until I leave for Pennsic. Hopefully I'll get everything I wanted done :). The pressure is off once the new surcote is finished, because everything else is just extra things.

No comments:

Post a Comment