I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Funny Story

So, a funny thing happened yesterday. On Sunday I ran out of weft for my weaving about 40cm before the end of the bag, so I decided I would see if Spotlight had anything. They do sell size 8 DMC cotton after all, and if they didn't have the right purple then maybe they'd have one close enough. Yesterday morning I woke up to find an email about a 30% off sale they were having, which was funny since I was going there already. When I got there I found they had the exact right thread! Yay! Then I made an oops.


You can tell it's an expensive oops because the cat likes it even more than my linen. I may have accidently bought 5 metres of wool flannel suiting. It was originally $39.99 per metre, but after the 30% off and the $40 voucher I got given as my going away gift, it only cost me $100! I couldn't resist, it's so pretty! It's quite a bit greener than in the picture, and maybe I might be pondering giving up on the idea of fixing one of my already existing surcotes for Pennsic, and just make a whole new one out of this fabric! It goes with my underdresses, and it's significantly lighter than the wool I made the blue one out of. Hmmm. I also have some really nice deep purple miscellaneous satiny silky stuff that  could use to line the tippets and bind the edges.

In other news, Mister Nathan fixed my shuttlebeater! Yaaay! I still feel a bit guilty, but I've been very careful using it and it hasn't broken again. My weaving is not as tight as it was, so the motif has stretched out an extra centimetre in length. I'm not very happy with that but I can't seem to beat it as tight when I'm making sure not to pull on the edges of the beater. Oh well. I'm a little sick of the motif but I've only got about 25cm left to do before I'm finished! I'll finish that today. I've also been procrastinating Cutting Out my hose and chemises. I washed my chemise linen on Friday and then it stayed on the line for the whole weekend because I was busy doing other things, like looking at visa stuff for the US and researching money things for storing my US monies. Hopefully today will be productive and I'll get the hose and chemises mostly out of the way so I can start working on more ambitious projects like my plain belt and this new surcote :)

No comments:

Post a Comment