I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Monday, July 15, 2013

Just Quickly...

I know I blogged last night, but then afterwards I got out my embroidery stuff and made little samples of both of the patterns I wanna try.


All I had was leftover DMC embroidery floss from my awesome bag, and 28 thread count evenweave. The top one is most of the top left edge of the motif, and the bottom one is one whole motif of the other pattern. Clearly the bottom one is tiny and will go better on the smaller needle case. The top pattern is quite large, even when it'll be on 44 count. I still don't know which one I want to do first. My other problem is smuggling a needle and scissors onto the plane. I'm pretty sure the Stitcher's Corner sells those tiny plastic scissors with the rounded point that are supposedly allowed on planes, but Tex has said that she's had them taken off her before. Maybe I'll also get one of those round cutter pendant dealies that you can hang around your neck. I've got three embroidery needles and I think I'll stick them in three different places in my bag. I've heard that you can stick one in your clothing and the scanner thingy won't pick it up.

Anyway, enough about embroidery. Today I need to Cut Out Mister Nathan's chausses and go visit my Gran in the hospital. And maybe while I'm out I'll go to the Stitcher's Corner too :P

No comments:

Post a Comment