I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Linen!

My linen arrived this morning! I opened up the box, dug through it a bit, grabbed out the sphinx and chucked it straight into the washing machine. Then I came back to my room to find this:


Cat in the box! He clearly decided that the package was for him, and made himself at home. I evicted him, then when the washing machine finished I hung the linen out to dry and left to do the errands that I was supposed to do yesterday. I've not been feeling well for the last couple of days, so Tuesday was spent doing some embroidery and feeling sorry for myself. Yesterday I felt better except that I was exhausted, so I slept all day and didn't get anything done. So it didn't matter in the end that my linen only arrived today, because I'd probably only be where I'm up to now anyway.

Speaking of which, I have cut out my lining and sewed it up with my zip to refit my pattern. I was secretly hoping that my pattern was ok after all and I'd just ballsed something up with my ginger cote, but nope. Here's my pattern, the only changes I made was to add more around the sleeve seam, because that bit was never right and it's easier to cut down than add more.


Yay blurry picture! Still need to clean my mirror. Also need to practice holding the camera steady with one hand. Anyway, you get the idea. The shape is right, but it zipped up waaay too easily for cold linen, and the whole thing is loose. I'm estimating it needs to be taken in by at least two inches. Anyway, that's all for today. Tonight I'm going to visit Nathan and Catherine to talk about flights for PENNSIC. Tomorrow I'll fix up the pattern completely, and hopefully get the rest of the dress Cut Out. I hate Cutting Out. But if I get to that point by the end of tomorrow, then on Saturday I can spend all day at the Taylors' open house sewing it together.

I've just conveniently remembered that I don't have any buttons for the sleeve of this cote OR the green one I want to make for Pennsic. Ugh. I wish I had more of those little gold buttons that I put on my red cote, because they look so nice, but they came from All Buttons Great and Small in Sydney. I suppose I could email them with a picture and ask if they could post me some more, but that could take ages and end up being very expensive, and I would like to be able to wear this cote to WAMA fair in two weeks. I guess I'll just go to Spotlight or Lincraft and see what I can find. I could always find some cheap buttons and then when I'm buying ALL THE THINGS at Pennsic, I could buy awesome buttons to replace them :P

No comments:

Post a Comment