I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Monday, February 18, 2013

Checking in

I've been trucking along with my embroidery since I last posted, but I realised something. I wasn't half way through when I said, because I miscounted the number of motifs in the final product. There's 35, not 30 *facepalm*. I have made it past the actual half way point now, but then I spent some time staring at it last night. I'd finished three of the corners, so I could see the size of it, and it looked to me like it was too skinny. The height was about two inches taller than an A4 piece of paper, but the width was only about an inch wider, and I didn't like the way it looked too long. So after a long time spent deliberating, I decided to make it wider by half a motif. I am glad I did, because it looks in proportion now. There's just more work for me to do :P.

In other news, I have ordered the cotton for the strap, but it still hasn't arrived. I'm expecting it sometime this week. Hopefully I'll get my loom strung up before uni starts in two weeks. I got an annoying email from fabric-store.com about the 5.3 ounce linen being on sale, with free shipping on orders over $50. I sent them an email asking why I was still being charged shipping, and of course the free deal was for US postal addresses only. The original email said absolutely nothing about that, so I replied and complained about false advertising and how if they had been a local store I would be entitled to claim the offer. They didn't reply. I placed my order anyway because even with shipping the linen is way cheaper than anywhere else, and I noticed that the reminder email about the sale had a little disclaimer added to the bottom about it being for US postal addresses only.

I've started watching Downton Abbey while I work on my embroidery, and I think I would like to be Maggie Smith when I grow up. Tomorrow I'm going to see the doctor at Curtin with a whole bunch of papers and I'm going to have some sort of Tuberculosis test. I'm a little confused about the list of immunisations I need except some of them aren't immunisations and some can't be taken with others but I might already have had some but then there may be boosters or something. I figure I'll bring all my papers and tell them to make sure my course requirements are filled. They do this sort of thing every year, they know what they're doing. Anyway, I have a feeling the rest of tomorrow might be a write-off, but hopefully not and I'll get through some more Downton Abbey and embroidery :). Also, I managed to get my silly girly elbow in the way of my bow string yesterday, and I think this is the worst silly girly elbow bruise I've ever had. It broke the skin in TWO places this time. I'm just hoping it'll get left alone tomorrow when the doctor is sticking me with needles and stuff.

I forgot to buy coffee beans today. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with this tomorrow morning when I need my morning coffee, but at the moment I'm in denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment