I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Half Way!

I began my embroidery project on December 28. One and a half weeks later I'd completed one quarter of it. It's been four weeks since then, and I've finally completed another quarter!


I'm half way there! Bonus points for anyone that finds the two motifs with a mistake. Clue: It's the same mistake twice. I noticed them both too late, and decided not to go through the ordeal of trying to unpick. This project isn't for a competition, it's a useful fun thing, and I think the mistakes add character :P Hopefully I won't keep slowing down at the same rate, because I'll never get it finished. I don't mind plodding along slowly at it, but I think I need to start another project so I can swap between them when I can't handle one anymore. Tomorrow I think I'll order some crochet cotton, and when it arrives I'll warp up my loom to start working on the strap of the bag.

At the moment I have no orientation activities scheduled at uni, so it looks like I'll have a week off between finishing work and starting uni. I might make a cotehardie. I have some white linen, but I'd like to get started on my Pennsic wardrobe. I need some coloured linen to make some cotes like my ginger one. I said I'd never order from fabric-store.com again because of their awful customer service, but I'm pretty sure someone else is running the business now. I've been put back on their mailing list, and I keep getting annoying emails with epic stories about how awesome their linen is. I especially enjoyed the one all about the perfect linen for medieval garb that they sell, except they were talking about their super heavy weight linen that I would never use for garb, and never mentioned the two weights that are actually perfect. Anyway, the point is it's under new management, and their linen is good quality for a very good price, so I might give them another go. I'll wait for the next time I get an annoying email about the 5.3 ounce being on sale. If that doesn't happen before my week off, then I'll get out my white linen. I need to make another pattern as well, so at least I won't need to do that when the coloured linen arrives.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks great! I can't wait to see it when it's finished! :D

    Also, new management definitely explains all those linen emails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really happy with it. Do you see the mistakes? I'm just curious to know whether they're obvious to someone who hasn't been constantly staring at it like I have :P

      Yeah, the emails are signed by different people than before, and they're written completely different to how they used to be as well. Hopefully the new management actually speak English, unlike the last people.

      Delete