I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Friday, March 22, 2013

Buttons

I forgot to mention that last week I bought some buttons. I bought these buttons, which are plastic but they were super cheap and look good. They arrived on Monday and I'm pretty happy with them, even if I have no idea what I will use them for :P. The other buttons I bought were these ones, and I bought them specifically to replace the ones I took off my red cote and transfered to the new sphinx ones. You might notice that the listing says that the size is half an inch. Well I assumed that meant diameter, but it turns out they are actually three quarters of an inch in diameter. I have no idea what the seller was measuring, but I was expecting much smaller buttons. These will do for surcote buttons, but they are way too big for sleeve buttons, especially since I already have button holes on the red cote that fit buttons half an inch across. I gave the seller neutral feedback and ticked the box that said item was not as described, but I won't do anything else about it because they cost me a grand total of $10. I will put them away in my stash and possibly use them in the future, or give them away or something. It's more trouble than it's worth to send them back.

So it looks like I'll need to go looking for more buttons to buy so I can replace the ones on my red cote :P

No comments:

Post a Comment