I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Procrastinating

I have an exam tomorrow. This morning I managed to convince myself that I've contracted some sort of horrible disease, so I had to have an afternoon nap to calm myself down. Google tells me scary things. Then I got caught up in my novel and had to read it to the end. I've been attempting study, I just read through my lecture notes but they're full of whining about how much I loathe ergative case and split alignment systems, and linguistics jokes like CLITICS ARE PROMISCUOUS HAR HAR HAR. Very useful.

Another thing I did today was add pages to this blog! With lots of fiddling and mucking around I managed to add a page of links to documentation for various projects that I've entered in competitions. Formatting was difficult because Blogger decides to randomly move things like pictures and we had an argument about captions, but I got there in the end!

I've also included the documentation for my belt. I sent it over to the event with Nathan and Catherine, and got it and my comments back last night! I'm still trying to decipher some of the words. Mistress Rowan was one of the judges and she makes a suggestion for a weft thread, but the only clear words are 'spun silk'. Before that there's a word that I think is 'Gutermann' then one or maybe two words that I have no idea of. Anyway, all three judges liked it, and I got a score of 39/50 which was higher than I expected. I'd like to know what entry won, but the kingdom A&S page is sadly lacking in competition results.

I'm currently thinking up another weaving project. I think I'll get some #12 black cotton from Spotlight and try this continuous warp thing, and weave a short band to practice with a really fine warp just to see how it turns out. I might use the yellow silk embroidery floss I bought to make my purchase up to $10 so I could use EFTPOS at the Stitchers' Corner as a brocade weft and weave my leaf and words again. This time I'll turn the brocade weft in the shed instead of on the edge so you can't see it.

I also have an itch to do some more embroidery. Not my German Brick Stitch but something different. Anyway I should get back to at least attempting to study. Also my jacket smells like stinky fighter and I'm not sure how it got that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment