I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stuff

It seems I've kind of lost momentum since I finished my cotehardie. Since then I have sort of finished my tablet weaving, as in it's just sitting there on the loom waiting to be tied off and unstrung. I might do that this morning.... or maybe not :P

I went to Mister Nathan's open house day on Saturday and made a new hose pattern, since it seems I have lost mine :( I keep all my patterns in individually labelled zip lock baggies, and I'm usually really good about keeping them neat, so I have no idea what could have happened to my hose pattern. The only thing I can think of is that I left it in the sewing room the last time I made hose, which was about a year ago. Since then the sewing room has been relocated and reorganised, and I'm pretty sure any stray bits of calico would have been thrown out by my Mum. It's happened before, I've had to rescue bits of pattern from the bin. Anyway, I made a new pattern! It took me most of the afternoon. I also want to make man-hose to go with my man-cote, and somehow I ended up trying on Mister Nathan's. They fit. They fit REALLY WELL so I traced out his pattern and then cut some out. Now I have a lady-hoe and a pair of man-hose cut out, and they're sitting in my projects basket waiting to be sewn up.

I haven't done anything since Saturday. Last night I had no motivation whatsoever, but I forced myself to get out my gold cotehardie and fix the stupid armhole. I did one and then put it on, and although it was slightly better, it wasn't good. I couldn't see how I could fix the other one, so I gave up. I might try again when I'm in a better mood. That whole cote looks so nice but it's so restrictive and uncomfortable for my arms. I have almost no arm movement whatsoever and I don't understand why. I even remade the sleeves completely from scratch again.

Over the weekemd my awesome Daddy built me a loom! It's now sitting in his shed soaking in varnish or something. I think it needs another coat or two, and then it'll be all ready for me to use :)

That's about it from me. I went to Spotlight yesterday and bought the very last two metres of white linen, some dye and some heading tape to use as a belt for my brais. This week I think I'm going to work on Cutting Out some underwear. I need a chemise, a shirt and brais cut out of white linen, and another lady-hoe. Only three weeks until I leave for Rowany Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment