I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Monday, February 10, 2014

Man things

Today I got a present from the postie!


Buttons! These are 2cm across, and were labelled as a Tibetan design on Aliexpress.com. I have no idea if the design is authentic or not, I think they're pretty and I got 40 of them for $10. They're a little darker than I expected, but they're the same zinc alloy as the little gold ones I got, so they're sturdy, cheap AND pretty. I think they'll do nicely for my linen man-cote.

Speaking of man-cotes, I finished my supportive shirt! I didn't think about how I don't have much arm movement in my cotehardies, and because that's due to the tightness around my torso rather than the actual sleeves themselves, I'll most likely have the same problem with this shirt. I haven't put it on yet because it's already 10:30pm and I still need to print of some stuff for clinic tomorrow. I'll most likely put it on later in the week to see how it fits and also to re-fit the red woolen man-cote over it, so I'll take photos and stuff then.

No comments:

Post a Comment