I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Friday, April 26, 2013

Things I Have Learned This Week

1. Assignments take at least three times as long as I think they will.
Therefore, easing into study week with a day of setting up my study space (I have my desk chair back!) and a day spent organising things and shopping with Mum was not a good idea. It means my Thursday social day of going to watch Iron Man 3 with friends gets postponed in favour of completing assignment number one :(

2. An entire day spent working on an assignment leads to brain deadedness.
Therefore, evening time is spent either A) slouched on the couch mindlessly watching Family Guy and holding a pile of linen in the hope that it will magically sew itself together into a cotehardie, or B) at rehearsal desperately hoping my limbs are able to remember the tap dancing they learned six years ago, and somehow can transfer the choreography to the memory parts of my brain for me to access next week so the director doesn't cut me from the number.

3. Study week is not for getting SCA projects done.
I was silly to even think I'd get my green cotehardie nearly finished and my loom warped.

In other news, Twitter told me this morning that the Pennsic A&S timetable is available! Twitter is a bad bad man for telling me such distracting information, because then I had to go read the 85 page pdf file that lists ALL OF THE CLASSES. I'm a little disappointed in the small number of tablet weaving classes. There's two people teaching two seperate beginner's classes multiple times, but I am tempted to pop into one of them because she's selling small looms and I wants a small loom! But then again I'll probably find a million small looms at the markets. There's a class about weaving letters that is right up my alley, and also a tablet weavers tea which I am SO EXCITED about. Other than that, I might go to a ball or two, and some classes about hoods and veils. I'm also pondering the beginner's inkle class, because I'd like to know how it works. And maybe stick weaving, because I'm intrigued. I'm sure I'll be able to keep myself busy :P

Anyway, back to my assignment. Stupid assignment of stupid being all stupid and stuff *huff*

No comments:

Post a Comment