I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Packages!

I got some packages in the mail this week :D The first was the rest of the yarn that I need to weave the strap for my awesome bag of awesome


Here are all of the colours. I bought two more balls each of the gold and red, which will be my main pattern. The purple and green will be my selvedge. This week is study week, and I'm hoping to get my loom warped up so I can plod away at the actual weaving when uni goes back and I get my new shuttlebeater. I also think that I should read the Collingwood chapter on doubleface again properly, and get my pattern drafted up properly.

The other package is the next instalment of the buttons saga. First I ordered some nice buttons that arrived way bigger than the advertised size, then I found some awesome buttons on ebay but got outbid and was very sad. But then I found aliexpress.com, which sells wholesale buttons for ridiculously cheap. I spent about $15 and got these:


LOOKIT! I got 104 because the bulk lot comes in 100, and the other four were in their own seperate baggy labelled "small gift", which gave me a warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy. I was expecting some crappy plastic buttons that will peel and break really easily, but they't not, they're heavy and feel like some sort of metal, and are actually really very nice. I don't think I'll be replacing them after Pennsic after all. Instead I'll stock up on a stash of awesome Pennsic buttons and I'll never have to buy buttons ever again! I'm pretty happy with my purchase, they were so cheap, I've got enough for five sets of sleeves and they're quality and the right size :)

I've also been plodding along with the green cotehardie. I've got all the panels sewn up and the lining sewn in, I just need to iron the seams where the lining joins the outside, sew up the front seam, make lacing holes, hem the bottom and make sleeves. I've given up on the idea of a sleeveless cotehardie for now. That might be a project for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment