I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas

I finished my Santas on Thursday, and warped up my loom again for Christmas trees!


I like the colours of this one better. I should've used this blue for the Santas instead of the really pale grey/blue, but oh well. Hopefully I'll finish this band today and then I'll be up to Snowmen. I've decided to give the bands as gifts to some of the ladies at work. I mostly just work with two older ladies and my department manager, so that's three bands. Then there's another department manager who I think will really appreciate one, but I'm not sure that I'll have the time. We shall see.

My hands are looking awesome after all this weaving. The patterns are so simple that I've been moving really fast, so I have blisters in the creases of some of my fingers and some spots on my fingers where the skin is really dry and flaky. Wednesday was awful, my fingers were so sore, but since then I think the blisters have developed into callouses.

Time for more weaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment