I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Surprises

I went to Spotlight on Saturday. I needed to go out to run some errands, and Mum mentioned that she would be going to all the places I needed, plus Spotlight. You may remember the last time I went to Spotlight was before Pennsic and I accidently spent $100 on what I called my oopsie wool, which became my green wool surcote. NO REGRETS. Well, this time I thought I may as well buy some black drill to fix my green brocade surcote when I'm ready. But then I accidently walked past the clearance table.


PINK! HIDEOUS PINK WOOL! I think it's the same kind of flannel wool blend as my oopsie wool, but it was marked down to half price at $20 per metre. I had one of those spend $100 get $40 off vouchers, and once Mum and I added our purchases together it came to just over $100. I ended up spending $40 on three metres of black drill and two metres of the pink, so not bad in the end :) I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. My two main ideas are to line a hood with it, but I'll need a dark plainish colour like a black or brown to go with it I think. I'll have to go looking through my stash to see what I've got. The other option is to make a ho. I need another wool one, I'll be replacing the salmon pink one that shrunk with this bright pink :P

In other news, on the weekend I went to a tourney and was awarded this:


It's a token for the Order of the Star and Lily, a Kingdom A&S award that their Majesties awarded me at the royal visit weekend a couple of weeks ago, on the day that I stayed home to study. All my friends kept it seekrity seekrit for two weeks. I'm quite chuffed, I didn't expect it at all so it was a really nice surprise to be called up in court on Sunday and awarded this :)

Only 9 more sleeps until my last day of placement, then I'll be free! Then I can start doing lots of fun SCA things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment