I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Monday, August 26, 2013

Embroidery

I haven't been working on any particular SCA project lately, but I thought I'd post a picture of the embroidery I started on the plane.


It's really tiny and I'm not finding it as fun as the other German Brick Stitch I've done. The linen is 40 count, and I'm finding that it's sometimes really hard to push the needle through the tiny holes, especially when I'm filling in areas that have been outlined already. Sometimes it's really difficult to see where the holes are too, they all get squished together by the stitches I've already done. But I do like how it looks, and it's only small so it's something to pick up when I feel like doing something. I did most of the work on it on the plane, but I have picked it up a couple of times since I got back. I've been busy with uni and family stuff so I probably won't be starting another project any time soon. Although I think when I start working on that other pattern I want to do, I'll use something between 28 and 40 count.

No comments:

Post a Comment