I'm Renonys, and here is where I document all my attempts at making period type things

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's finally here!

Only three more hours until I fly to Sydney! *flail* I even managed to finish everything I needed to :D


A blurry picture of me in my man outfit! I think I'm mostly happy with how it turned out. The hood is super bulky and the seam under the chin is doing funny things, the cote is a bit too short and needs to flare out a whole lot more than it does, and my hose ended up a bit too short too. But overall, not bad for my first effort in the time I did it in. It's super warm, so I'm definitely not going to freeze this year, especially combined with my brand new woolly cloak that I finished yesterday as well.

I also managed to find time for some small mending projects as well, although what I didn't end up having time for was reattaching the lining to the sleeve of that stupid red cote. I also remembered last night that I wanted to buy a fighter at the fighter auction tourney, but I have nothing I can use as a favour. No scarf, nothing. I might end up making a fingerloop braid in my colours or something at the event.

I'm not even properly packed yet. I packed my tent bag with my tent, mattress, sleeping bag and cloak and it weighs 22.5kg. I might need to relocate my cloak for the trip home, since I'll most likely be bringing home a couple of kilos of wet. I suppose we'll see how much my main bag ends up weighing. It should only be about 18kg, because I don't have any really heavy stuff, it's mostly just garb.

I better get packing, only an hour to sort myself out before leaving for the airport! I'm a little bit excited because Rowany Festival is always awesome fun, AND I get to see Sophie again!

No comments:

Post a Comment